The Invisalign method of straightening teeth has taken the orthodontic world by storm. Using a series of clear, plastic aligners that move teeth into position, Invisalign is one of the most discreet treatment options available.
At Lane Cove Orthodontics in Lane Cove, north of the Sydney CBD, we’re Black Diamond providers of Invisalign.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners to straighten your teeth. These aligners are custom made to your teeth from images we have taken using our 3D imaging technology. They fit over your teeth, much like a sports mouthguard does, and gently guide your teeth into their desired position.
During treatment, you will be given multiple sets of aligners which you need to wear for two weeks at a time, before moving on to the next set. Each set must be worn for 22 hours per day.
Benefits of Invisalign
One of the main reasons so many patients prefer Invisalign is because it’s a discreet treatment option that doesn’t interfere with your lifestyle. The aligners can be taken out for eating, brushing and flossing, as well as for important personal and professional occasions, such as client meetings and presentations, family weddings and photos.
Types of Invisalign
Invisalign is available in four different versions, making it suitable for patients of all ages:
- Invisalign Full – teeth will take between 12 and 24 months to straighten using Invisalign Full.
- Invisalign Teen – the teen version of Invisalign comes with a blue dot wear indicator to help young patients keep track of how long they're wearing their aligners.
- Invisalign Lite – for cases involving the front six teeth, Invisalign Lite can get results in as little as six months.
- Invisalign i7 – for minor cases involving the front six teeth, Invisalign i7 can get results in as little as three months.
Why choose Invisalign?
There are many benefits to Invisalign as an orthodontic treatment, but some of the main ones are:
- They’re virtually invisible
- They’re removable
- They’re comfortable to wear
- They get great results
Here at Lane Cove Orthodontics, Dr Teriko Rex is recognised as a Black Diamond provider of Invisalign. This means she is extremely experienced in using this technique and can fix most orthodontic problems with it. However, not all cases are suitable for Invisalign but we will let you know which course of treatment we’d recommend at your free Invisalign consultation.